- Visual Scheduling Tips & Tricks
- Visual Job Scheduler (VJS) for Dynamics NAV
- Working with the schedule in the VJS
Visual Advanced Production Scheduler (VAPS) for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Visual Production Scheduler (VPS) for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Visual Jobs Scheduler (VJS) for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Visual Production Scheduler (VPS) for Dynamics NAV
Visual Job Scheduler (VJS) for Dynamics NAV
Visual Service Scheduler (VSS) for Dynamics NAV
Assign operations to resource groups
You can bypass the NAV restriction and create a "dummy" group in the VJS.
In standard NAV, a Job Planning Line can only be assigned to a resource, not to a resource group. So if you want to assign a Job Planning Line to a resource (if, e.g. you don’t know for sure yet which staff member of a group will work off this special task), you can bypass this restriction in the VJS by creating a “dummy” resource. By adding the string “$VJSRG$” at the beginning of the Resource No the VJS treats this resource as the group itself:·
- Create a dummy resource the no of which starts with “$VJSRG$”. The resource name you enter here will be shown in the table.
- A white number on a red background tells you how many planning lines are assigned to the group.
- The complete capacity load of the group is displayed in the histogram.
For the bar length to be calculated properly make sure to assign a capacity to the “dummy” resource that is common to this group.